- The ORA Introductory Day is designed to give you all the information you will need to decide whether you wish to join the ORA.Introductory Days are held on various DND ranges throughout Southern Ontario over the summer shooting season. The day starts at 8 AM with essential safety training. This is followed by a brief session during which the organization, event schedule and various activities the ORA offers to members are explained. By midmorning we move out onto the range and start shooting at 300 yards. Typically the rest of the day, except for a short lunch break, is spent on the range. It is advisable to bring a lunch and drinks as there are no restaurants nearby.
- The day is finished with a short debriefing at around 4 PM.
- The ORA provides rifles, ammunition, supervision and instruction for your time on the range. Participants are welcome to bring their own non-restricted rifles along as long as you possess a current PAL.
- You do not need to possess a firearms license to participate in an ORA Introductory Day.
- You will be fully supervised when handling firearms on the range. This is to welcome participants who would like to take a look at the shooting sports with a view to getting into target shooting.
- You must pre-book your attendance at an Introductory Day using the form below and send payment at the same time. Due to the expenses incurred, the fee will not be reimbursed for participant cancellations or no-shows.
The Intro Day Program dates for 2020 are:
June 6 – Cancelled
July 11 – Cancelled
July 19- Cancelled
All Intro days will be held on Amiens Range at CFB Borden.
The cost of an Intro Day is $100 and can be paid by EMT or cheque. Instructions will be provided upon application form submission.
Note: These dates are subject to change (potentially on short notice) due to DND needs. We are guests, after all, on their ranges. Every effort will be made to reschedule should the date get changed. Please refer to the calendar for up-to-date timings. It is also recommended that you follow up with the organizer the week before your Intro Day.